KrackSocial uses cookies to help personalize content and keep you logged in if you join us.

[Updated] The Future Krack

Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10 Milwaukee, Wisconsin US

This is a little long, but it's worth reading.

KrackSocial was re-born September 2018. It was pretty active for the first few months, but many of us stopped coming on as much, many stopped coming on all together. It picks up every now and then but overall it could be considered dead. Not many people join to help keep things fun and interesting.

The birth...

MyInkedSpace was created as a site for people who love body art. When the MyInkedSpace Android app was created thousands of people were joining every week. A portion were joining just for the social aspect of it and were more interested in trading pictures/sexual flirting than anything related to tattoos. In 2011 KrackSocial was born -- to move those people to it. It seemed like a mistake at first, but in the end KrackSocial grew to over 200,000 members.

KrackSocial was the "Sexy Social Network". What is it now? I have no idea... it's not particularly sexy. There once was a time where a site could exist that was just a general social web site, but I think those days are long over. Krack worked because it was 18+ with stuff you couldn't see on Facebook. There are other places for that and Twitter is full of that stuff.

Google hates KrackSocial. While there's not a lot of unique content they could send traffic here for, they've literally said they have a problem with the site name (one of the Android app suspension reasons). Unless you search for the site name on Google, you're unlikely to ever see the site in Google search results. There's trickles of a few other search terms, but not much.

But on to the future...

Niche is what's needed along with a name that matches the niche. It's the difference between telling a person "hey, you should check out [website]" and "hey, you like [hobby here], you should check out [website] because it's about your [hobby]". A site is more fun with people who have similar interests. A site is fun if it's about something you have a strong interest in.

AntiZocial

I like the name, I got hung up on the name, but it's gonna be an uphill battle for that site because there's no niche. It has some things going for it though, like the catchy name. The site is also based on (probably) the #1 selling forum software so Google understands it, it tends to rank well enough in Google, and people tend to like it.

Back to Krack...

There's really only two options:

1. Try to make Krack the "Sexy Social Network" again. This will likely fail. I tried to have more adult content on TA so people would use it over Facebook but it didn't work out. That was up over a year so that was long enough to determine failure.
  2. End it

KrackSocial name is very general. What hobby other than drug use would the name work for? Plus Google already hates it and probably penalizes it.

The best course of action would be to figure out common interests most of us share, the more specific the better. Then form a community around that. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a steady stream of people joining who shared some common interest?

I haven't decided on what and I really don't know what common interest people have here would be. So, nothing will be changing for now. When something is figured out there will be notice. Chances are it would be a new site and new name, but with the option to keep your Bling Bucks and your level.

Whatever it'll be it'll be 18+ and Krack rules, not PG. Everyone's a grown up, theoretically.

------------------------------------

Update. The solution ended up being making AntiZocial 18+, with similar rules to old, old MyInkedSpace (nudity only in private albums, private groups, private messaging, and certain chat rooms).

This is a little long, but it's worth reading.

KrackSocial was re-born September 2018. It was pretty active for the first few months, but many of us stopped coming on as much, many stopped coming on all together. It picks up every now and then but overall it could be considered dead. Not many people join to help keep things fun and interesting.

The birth...

MyInkedSpace was created as a site for people who love body art. When the MyInkedSpace Android app was created thousands of people were joining every week. A portion were joining just for the social aspect of it and were more interested in trading pictures/sexual flirting than anything related to tattoos. In 2011 KrackSocial was born -- to move those people to it. It seemed like a mistake at first, but in the end KrackSocial grew to over 200,000 members.

KrackSocial was the "Sexy Social Network". What is it now? I have no idea... it's not particularly sexy. There once was a time where a site could exist that was just a general social web site, but I think those days are long over. Krack worked because it was 18+ with stuff you couldn't see on Facebook. There are other places for that and Twitter is full of that stuff.

Google hates KrackSocial. While there's not a lot of unique content they could send traffic here for, they've literally said they have a problem with the site name (one of the Android app suspension reasons). Unless you search for the site name on Google, you're unlikely to ever see the site in Google search results. There's trickles of a few other search terms, but not much.

But on to the future...

Niche is what's needed along with a name that matches the niche. It's the difference between telling a person "hey, you should check out [website]" and "hey, you like [hobby here], you should check out [website] because it's about your [hobby]". A site is more fun with people who have similar interests. A site is fun if it's about something you have a strong interest in.

AntiZocial

I like the name, I got hung up on the name, but it's gonna be an uphill battle for that site because there's no niche. It has some things going for it though, like the catchy name. The site is also based on (probably) the #1 selling forum software so Google understands it, it tends to rank well enough in Google, and people tend to like it.

Back to Krack...

There's really only two options:

1. Try to make Krack the "Sexy Social Network" again. This will likely fail. I tried to have more adult content on TA so people would use it over Facebook but it didn't work out. That was up over a year so that was long enough to determine failure.
  2. End it

KrackSocial name is very general. What hobby other than drug use would the name work for? Plus Google already hates it and probably penalizes it.

The best course of action would be to figure out common interests most of us share, the more specific the better. Then form a community around that. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a steady stream of people joining who shared some common interest?

I haven't decided on what and I really don't know what common interest people have here would be. So, nothing will be changing for now. When something is figured out there will be notice. Chances are it would be a new site and new name, but with the option to keep your Bling Bucks and your level.

Whatever it'll be it'll be 18+ and Krack rules, not PG. Everyone's a grown up, theoretically.

------------------------------------

Update. The solution ended up being making AntiZocial 18+, with similar rules to old, old MyInkedSpace (nudity only in private albums, private groups, private messaging, and certain chat rooms).

Created
Replies
Views
Post by Inked created deleted.
Post by ForbiddenPassions created deleted.
Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10

The dark red theme is really nice on there... feels like old school Krack...

Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10

Angry red... the rage, the rage... it's over at AntiZocial... go there now.

Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10

With the groups feature there's no need for multiple sites. It's communities within communities. Want to run your own community? You can and you can have a banhammer! It's free.

https://www.antizocial.com/groups/

With the groups feature there's no need for multiple sites. It's communities within communities. Want to run your own community? You can and you can have a banhammer! It's free.

*Gothic*
*Gothic*
44/F Level 17

I love AntiZocial. I don't get there as often as I like because work has been kicking my ass but I plan to get back into the swing of things as soon as this trial is over!!!

I love AntiZocial. I don't get there as often as I like because work has been kicking my ass but I plan to get back into the swing of things as soon as this trial is over!!! :D

Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10

Awesome! And I'm glad people are loving it.

Zach
Zach
23/M Level 8

I'm so used to AntiZocial now that I was confused as to why there were no like buttons on your posts lmao

I'm so used to AntiZocial now that I was confused as to why there were no like buttons on your posts lmao

Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10

Liking forum posts was on my list of stuff to get to but never did. Some many tedious little things I didn't have to write the code for with the AntiZocial setup.

Liking forum posts was on my list of stuff to get to but never did. Some many tedious little things I didn't have to write the code for with the AntiZocial setup.

Inked
Inked
44/M Level 10

The death date will be... March 1st, 2020. After that time, the site will display a message. Probably a much shorter version of first post in this thread.

A backup will be kept for a while so those who want their Bling Bucks on AntiZocial will have that option. Possibly level points too!

The death date will be... March 1st, 2020. After that time, the site will display a message. Probably a much shorter version of first post in this thread.

A backup will be kept for a while so those who want their Bling Bucks on AntiZocial will have that option. Possibly level points too!

Krraaaaccckked
44/M Level 10
Owned God - Site Creator - VIP Elite
Offline - Send Message

Krraaaaccckked
44/M Level 10
Offline - Send Message

Krraaaaccckked
44/M Level 10
Offline - Send Message

44/F Level 17
Krack Addict - Owned Goddess - Slots Goddess
Offline - Send Message

I love AntiZocial. I don't get there as often as I like because work has been kicking my ass but I plan to get back into the swing of things as soon as this trial is over!!!

I love AntiZocial. I don't get there as often as I like because work has been kicking my ass but I plan to get back into the swing of things as soon as this trial is over!!! :D

Krraaaaccckked
44/M Level 10
Offline - Send Message

23/M Level 8
Owned God - Slots God
Offline - Send Message

Krraaaaccckked
44/M Level 10
Offline - Send Message

Krraaaaccckked
44/M Level 10
Offline - Send Message

You must be logged in to reply.