KrackSocial uses cookies to help personalize content and keep you logged in if you join us.

Getting started on PC?

Mrs*Criminal
Mrs*Criminal
90/F Level 12

I used to be big into gaming..way back in the day, before the internet. I think my last system was the PlayStation 2 which was new at the time. I don't have anything now other than a mini Nintendo (little cheap thing with the games built in).

Which honestly, I can't seem to get into. Its been hooked up to my TV since I got it but I bust don't touch it. No interest. I miss my Resident Evil,. Tomb raider, crash Bandicoot, etc but I don't wanna buy anything right now. Wondering if it is possible to just use my laptop and access those kind of games online..free? lol If so, what do I need to do? How do I get started? I doubt this but any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I am lost and dont even know where to begin. KI have seen a lot of games I played that were apps being played on people's PCs on youtube...How?

I used to be big into gaming..way back in the day, before the internet. I think my last system was the PlayStation 2 which was new at the time. I don't have anything now other than a mini Nintendo (little cheap thing with the games built in).

Which honestly, I can't seem to get into. Its been hooked up to my TV since I got it but I bust don't touch it. No interest. I miss my Resident Evil,. Tomb raider, crash Bandicoot, etc but I don't wanna buy anything right now. Wondering if it is possible to just use my laptop and access those kind of games online..free? lol If so, what do I need to do? How do I get started? I doubt this but any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I am lost and dont even know where to begin. KI have seen a lot of games I played that were apps being played on people's PCs on youtube...How?

• Created
  • Replies
  • Views
Inked
Inked
43/M Level 9

For playing console games on a computer you can use an emulator. There are a bunch of free ones. Then you just need to download ROMs, which are the games themselves, which you then open with the emulator.

You can also play a lot of old DOS games free through your web browser on archive.org:

MS-DOS (/ˌɛmɛsˈdɒs/ em-es-doss; short for Microsoft Disk Operating System) is an operating system for x86-based personal computers mostly developed by Microsoft. It was the most commonly used member of the DOS family of operating systems, and was the main operating system for IBM PC compatible...

For playing console games on a computer you can use an emulator. There are a bunch of free ones. Then you just need to download ROMs, which are the games themselves, which you then open with the emulator.

You can also play a lot of old DOS games free through your web browser on archive.org:

MS-DOS (/ˌɛmɛsˈdɒs/ em-es-doss; short for Microsoft Disk Operating System) is an operating system for x86-based personal computers mostly developed by Microsoft. It was the most commonly used member of the DOS family of operating systems, and was the main operating system for IBM PC compatible...

Mrs*Criminal
Mrs*Criminal
90/F Level 12

Thank you. Everything I looked up was either telling me how you play the games on PC if u have a console, I guess syncing it or it was telling me how to build a gaming PC...This is what I was looking for. I did find Miniclip....which has a lot of the app games I play available to play through the browser but I wanna play real games...without having to get a console. Thank you

Thank you. Everything I looked up was either telling me how you play the games on PC if u have a console, I guess syncing it or it was telling me how to build a gaming PC...This is what I was looking for. I did find Miniclip....which has a lot of the app games I play available to play through the browser but I wanna play real games...without having to get a console. Thank you

Post by Mrs*Criminal created deleted.
Mrs*Criminal
Mrs*Criminal
90/F Level 12

Ok.. looks like I have something already on my computer but I can't figure out what it is. Gamebar??

The name by my avatar is really old though so I don't know ...I couldn't find an install / download button on that page from that link but im looking into it more. I need to go through all my programs n see what's there n what I need. I wanna play my old playstation games 😕

I gotta figure this out

Ok.. looks like I have something already on my computer but I can't figure out what it is. Gamebar??

The name by my avatar is really old though so I don't know ...I couldn't find an install / download button on that page from that link but im looking into it more. I need to go through all my programs n see what's there n what I need. I wanna play my old playstation games 😕

I gotta figure this out

Inked
Inked
43/M Level 9

The link was for online games, not emulators.

Gamebar isn't an emulator. Windows doesn't come with one but Windows store might have some.

pcsx and pcsx2 and popular emulators for Playstation. The first is for playing Playstation 1 games and the second is for Playstation 2. You should be able to find videos about them on YouTube.

Gamebar isn't an emulator. Windows doesn't come with one but Windows store might have some.

pcsx and pcsx2 and popular emulators for Playstation. The first is for playing Playstation 1 games and the second is for Playstation 2. You should be able to find videos about them on YouTube.

Mrs*Criminal
Mrs*Criminal
90/F Level 12

Ok... that's explains it. I clicked on the Pacman game first thing but it wouldn't play. Yea, I don't know what gamebar is or even half the crap in my start thingy so gonna go through everything today, remove crap, and hopefully get an emulator and some games installed 😁

When I go back upstairs.

Thanks

Ok... that's explains it. I clicked on the Pacman game first thing but it wouldn't play. Yea, I don't know what gamebar is or even half the crap in my start thingy so gonna go through everything today, remove crap, and hopefully get an emulator and some games installed 😁

When I go back upstairs.

Thanks

Mrs*Criminal
Mrs*Criminal
90/F Level 12

What is bluestacks? I used to love this game, Granny?

It's an app though.

I googled if u can play it on PC and it says something about bluestacks...is that legit

It's an app though.

I googled if u can play it on PC and it says something about bluestacks...is that legit

Inked
Inked
43/M Level 9

I never heard of it.

I never heard of it.

Mrs*Criminal
Mrs*Criminal
90/F Level 12

I heard of it once years ago when I first joined here. I know it was a way to have kik on your pc. But for some reason, I removed it and don't remember why.

I'll figure this out though. Im just now finding a bunch of stuff already on my laptop that I didn't know I had... for everything. Music. Video. Streaming. Everything. From Microsoft. So I'll look in their store for gaming stuff and check out the pcsx and pcsx2

I heard of it once years ago when I first joined here. I know it was a way to have kik on your pc. But for some reason, I removed it and don't remember why.

I'll figure this out though. Im just now finding a bunch of stuff already on my laptop that I didn't know I had... for everything. Music. Video. Streaming. Everything. From Microsoft. So I'll look in their store for gaming stuff and check out the pcsx and pcsx2

Krraaaaccckked
43/M Level 9
Owned God - Site Creator - VIP Elite
Offline - Send Message

90/F Level 12
Supporter - Slots Goddess - VIP Elite
Online Now! - Send Message

Post by Mrs*Criminal created deleted.
90/F Level 12

I gotta figure this out

I gotta figure this out

Krraaaaccckked
43/M Level 9
Offline - Send Message

90/F Level 12

When I go back upstairs.

Thanks

When I go back upstairs.

Thanks

90/F Level 12

It's an app though.

It's an app though.

Krraaaaccckked
43/M Level 9
Offline - Send Message

I never heard of it.

I never heard of it.

90/F Level 12

You must be logged in to reply.

Login Join Us!